Love Me Beauty February 2017 Review
I’ve been trialling a few beauty subscriptions now and there always seems to be an element of disappointment when you end up with meh products that you personally don’t like or do not work with your skin type. I was drawn to love me beauty’s credit system which would prevent the chances of disappointment as you are able to choose which products you get that month.
How does it work?
I purchased the monthly subscription to love me beauty costing £10 + £3.95 p&p (£13.95), as this suited me the most. There are other options which work out cheaper if you intend of being a committed subscriber:
- Monthly subscription £10 + £3.95 p&p (£13.95 per month)
- 3 months £9 + £3.95 p&p (£12.95 per month)
- 6 months £8 + £3.95 p&p (£11.95 per month)
Love me beauty works on a credit system in which you are given 60 credits each month to spend on their online boutique. You can choose from a selection of various beauty items which have an individual credit amount.
There is an option to buy add on credits (if you really wanted another product but ran out of credit!) which range from £5 to £32. HOWEVER you can enter the code ELLEN1332429 at checkout and get an extra 30 credits to spend!!
I have to admit the packaging was slightly disheartening with its plain black paper parcel. But there is a perk to this as you don’t need to be home to collect the parcel! The items come loose in a re-usable makeup bag (which changes each month).
February’s “Love Me” edit this month included a range of Kat Von D products that I’d been dying to try but never got the chance to test or swatch any.
Products this month included:
- Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips List 6 kiss pockets – 10 credits
- Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G 6 kiss pockets- 10 credits
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution 6 kiss pockets – 10 credits
- NUXE Hand Cream 15ml- 5 credits
- NUXE Nuxellence Detox 15ml- 10 credits- 15 credits
- Kat Von D Tattoo liner , TROOPER 0.2ml
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss lipstick – UNDERAGED RED 1.2g- 15 credits
- Kat Von D Lock It Concealer – available in various shades -20 credits
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Deluxe Loose Powder 1g – 20 credits
- Aromatherapy Associates De-Stress Muscle Gel 40ml- 20 credits
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick 3ml, OUTLAW- 20 credits
- Kat Von D Ink Liner 0.2ml- 15 credits
- Aromatherapy Associates Rose Skin Tonic 30ml- 10 credits
- Aromatherapy Associates Renewing Rose Cleanser 30ml- 10 credits
- NUXE Reve de Miel cleanser 15ml- 10 credits
- NUXE Gentle Exfoliating Gel with Rose Petals 15ml- 10 credits
- NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Gold Oil 10ml- 10 credits
I soon understood why they provide add on credits as you’ll end up in a calculating frenzy as you attempt to get all the exciting products for just 60 credits.
So what did I get?
NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Gold Oil 10ml (Sample Size)
I’d heard a few people talk about this product and thought I’d give it a try as I don’t own anything like it. It’s a unique multipurpose dry oil with flecks of gold shimmer in it and can be used for adding extra glow to the skin, hair or even facial and lip moisturiser. I have to admit I haven’t fully tested this product out yet but the pretty glass bottle is definitely on my list of products to test out next.
Full size value: £20 (Feel Unique)
Kat Von D Studded Kiss lipstick – Underage Red (Sample Size)
I’ve recently taken a step back from many of my lipsticks as liquid lipsticks continue to be a more convenient product for my lifestyle as I am unable to continuously touch up throughout the day (plus I’m very lazy). However Kat Von D has continued to surprise me with another brilliant product. The packaging is unique and stylish with its studded- like casing. Its bold red colour works perfectly with the matte finish and the drier formula lasts about 4 hours on the lips before you need to start touching up.
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick , Outlaw (Sample size)
Kat Von D’s liquid lipsticks have an insane cult following behind them and as soon as I saw this on the Love Me Beauty website, it went straight into my basket. I had to see what the hype was all about! I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised with the liquid lipstick . It has a thin liquid consistency that is opaque but doesn’t feel drying on the lips. It’s 100% transfer proof and doesn’t start to crumble off in the early hours of application (which I find products such as Sleek liquid lipsticks and NYX soft matte lip creams tend to do). I’ve been out taking intense research into finding a new shade to purchase but I am yet to decide from the 28 shades available.
Kat Von D Ink Liner 0.2ml (Sample Size)
I LOVE THIS! There is much hysteria behind this cult loved product and it certainly lives up to its hype. I normally favour a pen liner as I find this the easiest and quickest method to a winged liner ( plus I am absolutely rubbish using gel liners)-so the Ink Liner with its pen like applicator was perfect for me. What drew me to this liner was the claim that it was ‘waterproof’. Now if you know me personally then you’ll remember that I have an on-going problem with watery eyes. Not only is it highly annoying but it also ruins most of my eye makeup, so when a product claims to be waterproof I’m all over it.
This is definitely the best eyeliner I’ve ever used and I will certainly be purchasing the full size when my sample size runs out! It stays on all day and although my watery eyes still manage to destroy it, it has the best longevity compared to all the other eyeliners I’ve tried. The skinny small pen nib makes it easy to create a wing without too much product being dispensed on the eye. Plus there is 10 shades to choose from!
Love Me Beauty have quickly become my idealistic beauty subscription as you can choose what you receive each month , thus reducing disappointment when you get shitty products you’ll never use / the complete wrong shades for your skin tone! Although this is my first time receiving a Love Me Beauty bag, I’ve read many reviews that complain that the company does not change their product selection often enough as the same products come into rotation. This may be a perk for some if you missed the chance to pick up that one product in a past month. However may be a turn off for those who like to discover a range of different products that are ‘less’ popular but are hidden gems.
- You can choose what you receive each month. So less disappointment!
- They provide a range of expensive, well known and cult loved products
- The price is very reasonable at £13.95 per month + you can get an extra 30 credits using the code ELLEN1332429
- You receive a free re-usable make up bag
- The disappointing parcel comes with a perk as it can fit through your letterbox so you don’t need to be in to collect it!
- You can buy extra credits if you really wanted to get that extra product
- Products get repeated
- Less chance to discover unique brands
- The black paper parcel is slightly disappointing?
- Most products are sample sizes
Shop the post:
Click HERE to view the Love Me Beauty website